2018 Champaign/Urbana Crop Walk (27th Anniversary)
Help Needed for Walk Day
We need people to help on the day of the walk:
- Route planning and posting signs
- Crossing guards
- Driving the route to help people during the walk
- Hosting a rest stops
- Walk Day
- Date: October 14th (Sunday)
- Time: 2:00pm, Please arrive by 1:45pm and have one person register the entire group
- Location: Faith United Methodist Church, 1719 South Prospect Ave, Champaign
CROP Walk Supports Local Hunger Programs
25% of the funds raised support the following local hunger and food programs:
Setup Web Donations
Church World Service provides a service for your group and individuals to accept web donations, just go to the CWS website to setup up your group and individual walkers. Setup only takes about 10-15 minutes. Please let Jon Gunderson (398-4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you setup a donation page and he will put a link to your group on the website. It is also a great way to advertise your group.
Alternative Donation Designations
People may designate their donations to organizations other than Church World Service. The following link is to a list of all the other organizations that a donation can be made to: InterAction Member Directory
- Find your group leader and sign in on your group's sign in sheet, all members of your family who are walking need to sign in.
- Only people who sign in with their group will be included in official walk day totals.
- Children under 18 years old must a signed statement of consent from a parent or guardian
- The group leader brings the sign in sheet to the registration desk, after everyone in the group registers.
- Sit with your group, there will will be someone holding a sign with your groups name.
- There will be a short introduction, recognition of new walkers, groups and a dedication of all the walkers be for walking begins.
- There are several designated locations (typically churches, synagogues or mosques) along the way for resting, getting water and restrooms.
- You can continue to collect donations after the walk, including online donations.
- Make sure your group leader receives all of your cash and check donations before collection night (October 23rd).